- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/3 C red onion – chopped
- 1/3 C bell pepper – chopped
- 3/4 C frozen corn
- 3/4 C cooked quinoa
- 1 can black beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- salt to taste
- 1 avocado – mashed
- cilantro – chopped
- wedge(s) of lime
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash sweet potatoes, prick with fork several times, and place on baking sheet. Bake 40-60 minutes to desired softness.
- Meanwhile, Saute onion and pepper until tender. (using oil is optional with non-stick pan)
- Add corn, quinoa, black beans and spices and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Once sweet potatoes are done to your preference, let rest for about 5 minutes then slice in half lengthwise. Place on/in serving dish and top with the Mexican Quinoa mixture, some mashed avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
Cathy’s Tip – Substitute home made guacamole for the plain mashed avocado. Delish!